The Director of Rooms is responsible for the overall operation of the hotel specifically engineering, front office and housekeeping day to day operations. Tasked with cultivating a best-in-class team, the Director of Rooms is responsible for leading hiring, training, and retention efforts. A successful Director of Rooms will lead a well-functioning hotel operation, proactively address guest concerns, inspire associates to deliver on expectations, and promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all hotel guests and associates.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Proactively address guest concerns by ensuring appropriate, accessible, and convenient amenities and service offerings.
- Effectively manage budgeted revenue by partnering with sales and revenue management.
- Control purchasing to ensure effective management of controllable expenses.
- Hire, train, and motivate an effective hotel team to deliver on guest expectations.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all hotel guests and associates by building relationships with hotel leaders to promote a positive culture.
- Lead the hotel team through personal example while inspiring hotel leaders to uphold the culture of the company and hotel.
- Effectively communicate with housekeeping and front desk departments to ensure availability of supplies and tools needed to perform work.
- Listen to guests and empathize with their challenges and act on guests concerns.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Know, maintain, and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests and operations in emergencies.
Requirement Experience & Education:
- 3+ year of hotel operations management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience or involvement with sales and revenue management preferred
- Hilton Experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong diplomacy skills with focus on problem solving
- Strong administrative skills with intermediate experience with Microsoft Office systems
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day; stand, sit, and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, and maneuver up to 30 pounds occasionally
Apply at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3686343933/
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Contact Information : Arnoldo.Rodriguez2@hilton.com